Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Magnolia Tree For Pattie

My mom absolutely adored certain plants and trees. This evergreen magnolia was one of her favorites...



There are a few buds about to open, so I started taking some pictures over the last week or so...


Oh the scent of the bloom... If there was smell Internet... (one day I am sure there will be).


Just lovely!


And how fast the bloom starts to turn brown...


I really hope that the seed pod matures and develops the large red seeds... One of my favorite seed pods!

This tree will go into our garden, planted for and from my mom, by way of my totally amazing husband... She may have booted him off "design island" as far as house decorating decisions go... But I think he has gotten back on because of fulfilling this dream of mine and hers...
Thanks Dave! What a wonderful gift on so many levels...
-- Pictures Taken With & Posted From My iPhone

2 comments:

ana @ i made it so said...

this is beautiful. i hope you don't mind that i followed you here from your other blog. i just wanted to say this is a beautiful tribute, and such a special way to keep memories alive.

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Thanks Ana… I don't mind at all. I think it helps to get thoughts out there instead of keeping them bottled up. And comments are always welcome… Somehow helps heal just that much more. So thanks for taking the time to comment!