Thursday, July 16, 2009

St. John's Wort Made Me Think Of Mom...

I was snapping pictures in the garden and happened upon this arrangement of seed/berries on the St. John's Wort.

To me it invokes a lot...
To those of you reading this post, what do you see?
Look at the image before you read my comments below...

My head tells me: St. John's Wort - I can see why this would get a Saint's name - and could go in that religious direction - and for it's medicinal purposes (maybe not this exact species, but in general...)

But when I look at it without a name put on it by man...
I see a a human figure...
A head on a body with two outstretched arms & hands...
The feet below all the way at the bottom, in a singular position.
And the largest bloom being in the area of the womb...

And do you notice the two leafs behind the blooms...
Wings perhaps? A little beaten and bruised, but still there...

Very feminine to me...
Very angelic as well...

It made me think of my mom for many reasons...

Just thought I'd share...

No comments: