Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gardenia Gift

It's funny to think of how my mom reached out to touch so many people's lives.

My mother-in-law and my mom got along great and I remember them talking about how much they loved gardenias...

For my wedding, the men wore them (my mom picked them out). My m.i.l. prom flowers: gardenias...

So this year for my partial mother's day/birthday (in about a week) my m.i.l. got me a gardinia plant.


How cool is that!? You should see all the buds on it... And the scent reminds me of being at Longwood Gardens...

I never paid too much attention to the flower before, not really... But now that I have one, I'm smitten... Such regal folds in that blossom...

I get it now. Thanks Mrs. M...
-- Posted From My iPhone

1 comment:

Born in Wilmington DE said...

When Tammie got married, your mom knew I was nervous about the wedding because my ex-husband would be there (and ex-mother-in-law, etc.) So your mom, knowing that we shared a love of Gardenias, suggested that I carry a Gardenia bloom instead of wearing a corsage. She said that whenever I was upset or nervous that day I should hold the flower up to my nose and take a soothing sniff! And that's how I made it through the day! Now I have Gardenia bushes in my yard here in Florida and I always have a bloom cut and in water in the house to be able to have a soothing sniff any time any day!