Saturday, August 29, 2009

Honoring September...

Thanks Marie for commenting on my Marsha Neal Studio blog and mentioning:
Honoring September...

It is a phrase that is sticking with me, and I think I will use it for this special time of year...
I hope you don't mind (somehow I think you will be happy about it)...

September is my mom's month...
She was brought into this world on September 1, 1953
And left it on September 12, 2007

It was also her month because...
The length of days shortened...
School started back up...
And cooler weather was at the doorstep...
Which, if you knew my mom, meant that the holiday season was upon us...
And come October - the Christmas music started...
And the Christmas smelling potpourri was about the house...

This is the only picture I have here on my computer of my mom...
It's a new computer, and most of the pictures I have of her are pre-digital and need to be scanned in...

This coming Tuesday, September 1st, we will be having a small dinner here to celebrate the day she was born...

I think there will be some pictures gone through and lots of memories shared...
So I'll have to make it my duty to scan some in and tell some stuff about her life as I am told or remember...

I am also working on getting some stuff together to sell through my Etsy Shop under the category "My Mom Pattie" to help collect some monies to help dedicate a room at the local bird rescue to her memory...
She loved all animals, but especially her birds!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

marsha, this is so beautiful and i am so glad that something i said meant something to you... in your eloquent writing about your mom and your love for her, honoring' seemed to be exactly what you were doing... i come from a family of bird lovers/feeders too, so it will be a pleasure to help make a donation possible for you... september has become bittersweet for you, looking forward to sharing it with you through your posts...